About NextLink Labs
NextLink Labs is a software and technology consulting company founded by software developers. We believe that in order for companies, teams, and products to succeed, engineers must be put in a position to succeed. From our experience, projects that prioritize the happiness and productivity of their engineers are more likely to deliver features on time and scale well into the future.
As a remote-first company with team members spread out all across the country, NextLink Labs continuously works to ensure our work environment is comfortable and collaborative. We also aim to maintain an inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive professionally and live full lives outside of work.
We are looking for a driven back-end engineer responsible for developing back-end APIs in Django, Rails, or Node. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
As a Back-end Engineer, you can expect to:
- Work with other NextLink engineers to write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Communicate directly with clients to discuss feature development
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, performant applications
- Implement security and data-protection mechanisms
- Design and develop RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Integrate back-end services with multiple other APIs
Excellent candidates will have most or all of the following skills:
- Experience with Python & Django or Ruby on Rails
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with being a part of an agile team
- Ability to create estimates during feature development
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of authentication systems and how authorization works between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit-testing and debugging abilities
- Proficient understanding of version control systems (Git)
- (BONUS) Experienced with DevOps tooling (Ansible, Terraform, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
If interested please email CV to jobs [ @ ] nextlinklabs.com or apply on this page.