The information technology landscape is growing at an increasingly rapid pace. Companies are growing rapidly and networks are expanding just as quickly, leaving opportunities for gaps in security.
NextLink Labs is committed to closing the security gap by providing solutions to ensure and enhance a company's security posture holistically.
Are you passionate about helping companies secure their technology? Do you consider yourself an expert in securing technologies holistically and educating people in security best practices?
Do you have a proven track record of exceeding expectations, taking ownership of projects and overcoming challenges?
Are you interested in being part of a team that keeps people and data safe?
Then we want to talk to you.
NextLink Labs, a Pittsburgh-based consulting and technical execution company, is looking to hire a cybersecurity consultant and advisor to play a critical security role for our partners.
Founded by engineers, NextLink Labs was built with the mindset that in order for companies, teams, and products to scale the engineer on those projects must be put in a position to succeed. From our experience, projects that strongly consider an engineer's happiness and productivity are more likely to be on time, more efficient, and scale/age well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for owning, tracking, developing strategies for and ensuring the success of cybersecurity plans for partners.
- Ensure compliance, regulatory requirements, mitigate risks appropriate to the varied needs of our clients.
- Providing expert oversight on regulatory compliance frameworks as well as the needs of clients in various vertical markets.
- Carry out risk and maturity assessments.
- Perform project management tasks, gap analysis assessments and develop roadmaps
- Lead team updates on project status.
- Serve as a trusted advisor with clients to build and maintain trust while seeking out opportunities for improvement.
- Contribute to the process development of the role, advising on onboarding activities, careful documentation and the ongoing knowledgebase for security best practices, needs, satisfaction.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity governance, frameworks, standards, and regulatory requirements (Ex: NIST CSF, ISO, HIPAA, CMMC, DFARS, etc)
- In depth understanding of cloud cybersecurity standards, frameworks and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Networking, Cloud Solutions, Security Technology, etc.
- Strong Interpersonal skills including telephone, in-person, and written communication, as well as skills related to relationship building
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and thorough
- Must be hungry to learn and constantly improving to stay with the pace of security needs
- Must be comfortable with accountability and providing proof of progress.
- Well-versed in approaching challenges in novel ways.
Credentials and Experience:
If interested please email CV to email@example.com or apply on this page